Saturday, February 16, 2013

Get Inspired!

So this weekend has been hectic so far and will be all the way until Monday morning when it's time to go back to work, but I wanted to get at least one post in because I found inspiration in an unsuspecting place on Friday and can't stop thinking about it.  One of my co-workers who also has an auto-immune disease is doing something about it!  She is involved in an organization call ed Take Steps.  While promoting this event we got to chatting and I'm so glad we did!  As another sufferer of an auto-immune I understand how it is when people don't understand that you are sick because you don't have something like cancer or heart disease and they don't necessarily understand it.  People generally only care or ask or seek knowledge about what directly effects them.  This was a perfect conversation starter as I am the "new girl" there and don't know many of my co-workers.  We didn't have any in depth, eye-opening, philosophical type of conversation that would move Heaven and Earth but just getting to know a little bit about people in your work, community and neighborhood deeper than just your name, age and race is nice sometimes.  It's inspiring in a world where we are so attached to our electronic devices and just rush past each other in the grocery store.  It inspired me and took me back to a time when I was younger and people knew each other better and where more empathetic to each other rather than being so automated all of the time.  It gave me hope!

If you are interested in her cause the link can be found below and donations of any kind are always welcome year round!:

http://online.ccfa.org/site/TR/2013TakeStepsWalk/Chapter-NorthFlorida?px=2337255&pg=personal&fr_id=3852

If you have problems with the link or if expires for any reason please message me and let me know so I can get an updated one.

1 comment:

  1. So great that you made a connection at work, you probably made her day too! You can inspire eachother.

    ReplyDelete